Though eating just one apple a day will not always keep the doctor away but there are innumerable benefits to health even if you follow the aphorism in letter and spirit. Apple’s help in digestion keeps gastrointestinal disorders at bay, checks gallstones, diabetes, liver disorders, gout, different kinds of cancers, rheumatism, and heart disease. Of course, these are just a few of the almost unlimited health benefits that you can enjoy if you consume the red fruit on a regular basis.
Apple-the succulent fruit known as Malus domestic scientifically which has been cultivated extensively for millenniums in Europe and Asia is still found naturally in numerous regions of Central Asia. It sounds quite incredible that this ubiquitous red-colored fruit has over 7,500 varieties having green and yellow colors. The maximum amount of nutrients and minerals are found in the juicy skin and the peel of the apple that smells invigorating and tastes heavenly.
The best way to imbibe the benefits is to eat the fruit raw although the same finds infinite applications. Apples are endowed with organic compounds, nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. The vitamins infused in apples are riboflavin, vitamin B6, vitamin K, and vitamin C and are also a rich source of minerals like magnesium, manganese, copper, and potassium. However, the maximum benefits to your health come from the organic compounds. Following are some of the prime advantages that accrue to your wellbeing from consuming an apple every day:-
- Prevents Cancer-Whether apples can really help in preventing or checking the advancement of some forms of cancer has been under the scanner for a long time. Observations from studies have shown that apples can help in containing colon or breast cancer to an extent. However, apple seems to be remarkably effective in warding off and/or checking the spread of lung cancer. This cancer arresting or preventing capacity of the fruit is attributable to its rich phytonutrient content.
- Digestion-It is well-known that fibers can help in expediting the process of digestion. Digestion is key to keeping yourself in the pink of health. Apples are loaded with fibers and therefore consuming the fruit routinely promotes smooth and clear movement of bowels. Fibers also help check constipation and check the onset of numerous gastrointestinal diseases or disorders.
- Checks Weakness-Patients are always advised to consume apples because it has been observed and scientifically proven that the fruit helps revitalize and reenergize recuperating individuals. Apple’s help in gaining weight, removing toxins from the body and ameliorating one’s health on the whole.
- Keeping Dental Health Perfect-Biting into apples habitually keeps your gums and teeth in the pink of health. The fibers in the fruit not only strengthen the dental structure and the gums but also remove food particles thereby preventing the growth and proliferation of harmful bacteria. Fibers also thwart cavities from developing in the teeth. Saliva secretion gets a boost as well which in turns promotes the effective breakdown of food particles and digestion.
- Checks and delays the onset of cardiovascular diseases: -The antioxidant property of apple slows down fat or lipids oxidation and prevents the deposition of HDL (high-density lipoprotein) or ‘bad cholesterol’ in the blood. The restorative and curative qualities of apples go a long way in checking cardiovascular diseases and minimize the risks of suffering a heart attack or stroke.
Picture Credit: PublicDomainPictures