A healthy and balanced diet and daily vitamins are useful at any age, but your needs will change with your body depending on how old you are.
The body needs special daily vitamins at different ages. However, they are not always the same.
Pay attention to the vitamins your body needs, depending on age.
Daily vitamins at age 20
- At this age, you have a lot of physical activity, and even if you do not realize it, the body begins to prepare for motherhood.
- Multivitamins will help your body gain strength and endurance.
- In addition, vitamins A, D, and zinc are needed for skin elasticity and tone, as well as hair health.
- As for the reproductive system, it needs vitamin E, folic acid, and iron.
- Moreover, your immune system works especially well thanks to vitamins B6 and B12, and the general condition of the body will improve due to the intake of vitamin C.
Your ideal diet
If you eat junk food or skip meals, you may have problems with being overweight or malnourished.
So it is important to remember that 20 years – is the perfect time to develop good eating habits.
At this time, the body needs minerals and proteins to develop muscle mass.
It is better to consume more vegetable oils and increase the intake of iron and vitamins B and C to strengthen the immune system.
Daily vitamins at age 30
At this age, your body protects itself from current and future diseases, while maintaining the efficient operation of its systems.
- For example, at age 30, skin elasticity and overall health depend on the intake of vitamins A and E.
- Your immune and nervous systems are optimized thanks to B vitamins, vitamin C, and magnesium.
- In addition, the healthy functioning of your body is improved by zinc, vitamin A and iron, and phosphorus and calcium provide nutrition and cell regeneration.
Your ideal diet
At this stage of life, you may begin to see a few extra pounds on the scales, which will gradually increase.
So, if this happens to you, it’s time to take action and reduce the amount of food you eat when your metabolism slows down.
In general, try to eat more healthy and natural foods:
- cold-water fish (it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids)
- 5 servings of fruit a day
- breakfast cereals will provide your body with fiber
- foods rich in calcium and iron
Avoid processed foods and some condiments that give only empty calories.
Daily vitamins at age 40
40 years – is a time in your life when you are still young, but you need to start defending your weaknesses.
So, if you have low energy, you may have anemia, so you need more iron.
- Be sure to take calcium and vitamin D to protect your bones.
- In addition, if you experience anxiety, muscle aches, or cramps, you should increase your magnesium and potassium intake.
- You need folic acid and vitamin B12 to protect your heart and blood vessels.
In addition, if you want better protection, you will need vitamins A, C, D, and E.
Your ideal diet
At this stage, your body will begin to experience hormonal changes. The key to combating possible weight changes is antioxidants.
- Foods rich in antioxidants prevent the negative effects of free radicals. These free radicals are the culprits of premature cell aging.
- So, make sure you get 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. For example, you can eat steamed or grilled fish, as well as nuts.
- At this stage, it is important to increase the consumption of foods rich in vitamins A and D to combat osteoporosis.
- Finally, you should also reduce your salt intake to avoid fluid retention, which leads to weight gain.
Picture Credit: Pexels