Use lemons to eliminate bad smells
If you cook often, you should know that onions, garlic, fish, and some other foods leave a very unpleasant and persistent odor on your hands after cleaning and slicing.
To get rid of the smell and not spread it to other foods, rub your palms with half a lemon. Then wash your hands with soap and water.
How to wash ceramics from fat with lemons?
If ceramic dishes are not washed immediately after use, the grease will dry out, and then it will be difficult to wash.
However, do not panic if you also face such a problem. An ordinary lemon will come to your aid!
- Pour a glass of fresh lemon juice into a small bowl. Soak a kitchen sponge inside so that it is completely soaked with juice. Then pour a few drops of ordinary dishwashing detergent on the sponge.
- Rub a dirty dish with a sponge. You will not believe how easily stale fat will stick off from the ceramic after this procedure!
Lemon will not allow other fruits to darken
Apparently, this situation is familiar to everyone – you cut an apple in half and put one piece of fruit for later, and when you find that half of the apple has completely changed its color and lost its appetizing appearance.
The same thing happens with avocados and many other fresh vegetables and fruits.
Use of lemons to preserve the freshness of foods:
- To prevent the pieces of fruit and vegetables from darkening, sprinkle them with a small amount of fresh lemon juice.
- Lemons owe their ability to preserve the freshness of other foods due to their powerful antioxidant properties.
The use of lemons to remove stains from clothes
Believe it or not, lemons are incredibly effective in combating stains on clothes. This healthy citrus fruit will help get rid of stains from antiperspirant, sweat, fat, wine, coffee, and other foods and beverages.
How to prepare a lemon stain remover?
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Universal washing powder
- Mix the washing powder you normally use with fresh lemon juice in a small bowl to form a homogeneous mixture.
- Apply the product to the stains to be removed and gently rub it. Wait a few hours. Then wash clothes as usual.
Picture Credit: Unsplash